7 Ate 9 Card Game
- Item #: OTB7890
- Condition: New
7 Ate 9 Card Game
by Out of Box Publishing
Players 2 - 4
Playing Time 2 - 5 minutes
Aligns with Common Core and State Standards
Fast and Fun Number Crunch’n!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! Players add or subtract, 1, 2, or 3 to the number on the top card on the pile to determine if they have a card that can be played next. Sounds simple, but with everyone playing simultaneously, the options are constantly changing. The first player out of cards wins!
2010 Toy Man Seal of Approval
Family Review Center Recommended
What The Stuff Toy Review 4 Star Certified
What's in the Box
73 7 ATE 9™ Cards Each card has a yellow number, 1–10, and a plus or minus number, 1, 2, or 3. The colors of the cards correspond to the plus or minus numbers: ±1 is green, ±2 is blue, and ±3 is red. • Rule Sheet
The Object of 7 ATE 9
Be the first person to play all of his or her 7 ATE 9 Cards.
1. Shuffle the cards.
2. Place the top card, face-up, in the center of the table to create the "center pile" upon which all cards will be played.
3. Deal the remaining cards, face down, to all players so that each player has an equal number of cards. Each player stacks his or her cards into a personal draw pile.
Playing the Game
1. To start the game, the dealer says "GO."
2. Each player quickly draws cards from the top of his or her draw pile to form a hand. Players may look at the cards in their hands and may play them immediately as they are drawn. There is no limit to how many cards may be held in a hand, but the cards need to be drawn one at a time.
3. Players race to play cards from their hands onto the center pile. The card on the top of the center pile determines which cards may be played next. The ± number is added to, and subtracted from, the yellow number on that same card. The resulting two numbers (one from addition and one from subtraction) indicate which cards may be played next. Any card with either of those two numbers as its yellow number may be played onto the center pile.
There are no turns—a card may be played as soon as a player determines that the card has one of the two required yellow numbers.
• When playing a card, the player must call out the yellow number on that card.
• As cards are played, players may freely refill their hands from their own draw piles.
• A player may play one card directly after another but may not play two or more cards at one time.
• If two or more players each attempt to play a card at the same time, the first card placed on the center pile takes precedence, no matter who called out the yellow number first. The other player(s) must take back their card(s).